The interest of the modern Western world on the wisdom of the ancient eastern Chinese herbal remedy as a complementary or alternative therapy is rising and becoming popular due to the holistic approach, emphasis on quality of life and prevention of illness by strengthening and restoring the body’s immunity mechanism.
Constructing a strong immunity mechanism is crucial for the body to recognize and eliminate cancerous cells. Cancer is actually a disease caused by uncontrolled defective cell division from damaged genes from the parts of the body. A weaker or impaired immunity will increase your susceptibility to various bacterial and virus infection, allergies, eczema, chronic fatigue, sickness and aging prematurely also.
Modern advanced technology and scientific research have helped to unlock the various preventive and healing secrets in Chinese herbs.
History of Ancient Herbal Remedy – Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) – is a mushroom frequently used in traditional Chinese medicine and traditional Japanese medicine. In Japan it is actually called Mannetake meaning ‘thousand year mushroom’.
Its Chinese name is Lingzhi which suggests “herb from the spirit”. It was an extremely rare and precious Chinese herb in ancient some time and Emperors from the great Chinese dynasties and Japanese royalty drank teas and concoctions of Lingzhi for vitality and long life.
For more than 2000 years Reishi Spore Oil Softgel has been by far the most cherished and popular medicinal herb in Asia and rated among the superior herbs in the “Seng Nong’s Herbal Classic”, a 2000-year-old medicinal Chinese book for:
* its efficacy for multiple diseases
* maintaining and restoring balance towards the body’s interdependent systems
* safety in long-term consumption with no unfavorable side-effects
* natural resistance from the body and longevity
The dried powder of reishi was popular as a cancer chemotherapy agent in ancient China. Research shows that reishi clearly demonstrated anticancer activity with cancer cells and it has possible therapeutic potential as a health supplement for an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer.
Medicinal mushrooms like Ganoderma Lucidum (Reishi) and Cordyceps have well been documented in numerous recent scientific research to get potent medicine to improve and keep the body’s immune function from certain compounds within them like polysaccharides which boost the activity in the body’s natural killer cells(lymphocytes) which can be vital to get rid of foreign cells(including cancer cells).
Supporting research reports published within the Journal of Alternative Complement Med. 2003, Journal of Cancer Integrative Medicine 2004, International Journal of Oncology 2004, FASEB 2004 showed that He Shou Wu Extract clearly:
* demonstrates anticancer activity in experiments with cancer cells
* protects the liver and improves liver functions
* has possible therapeutic potential as a health supplement for the alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer
Health Benefits of Reishi(Ganoderma Lucidum):
* supports the body’s own immunity mechanism by promoting the action of antibodies
* enhances the body’s potential to deal with stress and infections
* balances stress response
* reduces allergies
* promotes healthy liver function
* increases the body’s detoxifying process to off load toxins
* inhibits invasiveness of breast and prostate cancer cells
* supports a typical, restful sleep
* enhances vitality and energy
Suggestions to select the Best Reishi
* choose red reishi – it offers the best extract and it has most scientific evaluations
* choose those with cracked spores – which release the medicinal benefits and much better absorbed by body
* wood log cultivation – this determines the potency of hyazxb resulting fungus
* try to find Good Manufacturing Practice(GMP) standards – this ensures the stability of Hericium Erinaceus Extract active bio-components harvested
* standardization of active constituents – the strength of reishi lies in their polysaccharides and triterpenes contents
Many commercial preparations can be found, such as extracts, health supplement, tinctures, dried fruiting bodies, teas and teabags, tonics and pills.