The right way to grow your business using this powerful brand, audience and content-marketing tool We’ve been talking lately about how to boost your business marketing with Instagram. Contrary to what many people still believe, Instagram isn’t just an enjoyable app where you can post food, holiday and family pics. Instagram has become a powerful brand-building, audience-building and content-advertising tool for businesses. It has over 200 million active monthly members sharing 60 million images and 1.6 billion likes per day.
A note of caution: there are many people out there who promise to cultivate your Instagram followers through the thousands, but beware. The majority of them use fake accounts developed by bots to inflate your numbers. These kinds of followers have zero value. Actually, they can even be dangerous, seeking to steal your password or photos or infect you using a virus.
In accordance with the data security company Imperva, these bad bots account for 28.9 percent of bots on Instagram. The best way to construct your Instagram followers is actually by being authentic in your brand name and your audience.
Listed below are 3 ideas to help you get real Instagram followers:
1. Tell a Story with Hashtags – It’s great to apply your business name as a hashtag, but you should think beyond that.
If you wish to use your Instagram posts to have followers, use other hashtags that tell the story of the image you’re sharing. You want to begin a conversation when you’re sharing posts for things like:
• Product launches
A good example of a brand name who does this well is @Tostitos. They normally use the hashtag #GetTogetherAlready to persuade folks to have together and share their chips, and also to utilize the hashtag once they share photos of their meetups.
By utilizing engaging, relevant hashtags, you can be discovered in Instagram searches and hopefully build-up followers on Instagram.
2. Get Creative – Instagram is centered on photos, so many people consider the caption being an afterthought. Don’t forget about the image caption! You can generate engagement and promote sharing by using descriptive words which will engage, inspire and entertain your followers.
Here are a few ideas to help you develop followers on Instagram with your posts:
• Use questions within your caption. Write your question at the outset of the post in order that people view it first.
• Get personal with your post. Tell a story about you, or how your product helped or inspired someone else.
• Ask men and women to tag others. Asking men and women to tag three of the close friends or tagging someone they may be grateful for brings other potential followers to the equation.
An excellent example of a brand that does personal posts well will be the @NatGeo Instagram account. They create breathtaking Instagram Stories with informative captions to educate the user on the plight of animals all over the world. Remember with regards to using Instagram posts to have followers, it’s about being authentic. Don’t use questions in every single post or tell a personal story that isn’t genuine.
3. Go Local – One of the better approaches to develop your Instagram followers is to get to know your neighbours! Whether you’re creating Instagram ads or wish to advertise your event in a specific area, you can see what’s going on close to you by visiting the search page and clicking on the Places tab.
Enter the location to view the geotagged posts for the area. Then visit relevant and recent tagged posts – not those of competing businesses, obviously – and leave a comment or even an emoji and stick to the person should you like whatever you see. Hopefully, this is the beginning of an organic interaction.
As an example, should you offer life coaching services, you might type where you are accompanied by “entrepreneurs.” Local entrepreneurs may be looking for further work and life balance or help with life goals or career challenges. Similarly, for those who have a physical location that folks have checked into on Instagram, comment on those posters’ pictures to ensure they’re hmcirt of your Instagram presence, then follow them.
These are some of the best ways to build Instagram followers the right way: no bots, no shortcuts, just tried and tested methods to engage along with your audience and turn them into followers!